Reukema believes non-ferrous scrap metal trading can be made easier. We want to be the most valued non-ferrous scrap metal trading partner and distributor in the market.
Reukema is an international trading company operating in a dynamic and challenging market. We are taking bold steps to improve our operation and service level to become market leader in Europe.
From our site operation and headquarters in Harderwijk, The Netherlands, we process more than 200.000 tons of non-ferrous scrap metal a year. Our impressive logistical operation includes a dedicated Reukema container terminal spanning 21.000 m2 from where we ship over 100 containers a week.
Our products are sourced from scrap collectors in the Benelux, Germany and France as well as globally imported from Africa and Pakistan. Reukema provides valuable services in quality assessment and grading of products, risk management and market insights to facilitate global trading to smelters in Asia and India. In our business, it is the sourcing of this material that gives us the competitive edge. To support us in executing our ambitious and ground-breaking business plan we are looking for a highly motivated trader to join our international team of traders and be part of our expansion in the high potential German market.
As a trader you are responsible for sourcing non-ferrous scrap metal within a given territory. Your work to personal and team targets supporting our company objectives. You will have your own KPIs in order to make a significant contribution to the global trading team..
Part of your role will include performing macro-economic analyses, monitor market developments and trends, and translating these into a specific strategy for your territory, prospects and clients. You build lasting relationships with clients and show them how Reukema’s added value services can help them grow their business. Your goal is to be the most valued non-ferrous scrap metal trader in your territory.
Reukema provides a multi-disciplinary training program to get you up to speed with our products and the metals market. For the first 3 months you will be based at our headquarters in Harderwijk, The Netherlands, where you will learn about our products, systems and processes, including the workings of our yard. After this initial training period you will be ready to start visiting clients and will spend time performing site visits in Germany. After 12 months you will be a fully trained trader, operating in the field and managing your own targets, prospects and accounts.
- Responsible for sourcing a defined volume of scrap metal in your territory in line with defined KPIs on margin, quality and service
- Development of existing suppliers and stewardship of prospects (new business)
- Collating data and analysing the market potential in your territory. Monitoring macro-economic developments, trends and a bespoke purchase strategy for your territory to share with your team and manager
- Developing client relationships to increase share of wallet
- Educating clients to use Reukema’s innovative trading tools
Skills and competencies
- Commercial talent with proven commercial record, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Hands-on approach
- Affinity to the pragmatic non-ferrous scrap metal market and our suppliers
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to work autonomously, plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Affinity with computers and other ICT
Education and knowledge required
- Bachelor degree or proven experience working at a similar level
- 3-7 years experience in a commercial environment, preferably in the commodities sector
- Native German Speaker and English language at professional proficiency
WHAT WE OFFER
Reukema offers a competitive compensation and complete benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious trading environment.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in this position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter in German or English to Wilma Vroege, Office Manager, [email protected]. If you have any queries please contact us on +31 341 750 303.